Bay of Bengal Shark Program is inviting application for Field Assistant positions for 2017–18 session in Bangladesh. Interested candidates from any disciplines are encouraged to apply. The nature of engagement with the program should be voluntary in nature.
- A Field Assistant will ideally participate in surveying the elasmobranch landed in different fish landing stations of Bangladesh;
- She/he will also participate, with other senior researchers of the program, in designing the survey and assigning a responsibility matrix among the team members;
- She/he must participate in all training workshops;
- She/he will have to coordinate within and among team members with the aim to accomplish all activities planned beforehand;
- All Field Assistants are welcome to take part in a socio-economic survey and fund raising activities.
Selected Field Assistants will be assigned on their specific tasks from the last week of October 2017 to 30 April 2018. However the total workload for each Field Assistant will not be more than 30 hours per month.
What Are We Looking For
- Active interest in marine conservation;
- Interested to learn and engage in developing ideas;
- Committed to invest net 30 hours per month;
- Ability to work in a team, and engage with different stakeholders in a fishing community.
What Should You Expect
- Hands-on training on ‘Identification of elasmobranch fauna;
- One workshop on ‘different approaches to survey elasmobranch fauna’;
- Experience to work with a multidisciplinary team of researchers in designing and conducting research activities;
- One session on ‘tips on rapport building and communicating with fishers, and writing popular articles to engage a wider community in marine conservation’;
- Opportunity to understand more about Bay of Bengal Shark Program, and engage with its activities.
By 18 October 2017, please attach the filled-up application form at email@example.com with ‘Application for Field Assistant Position at BoB Shark Program’ in the subject. You may write the application either in Bangla or English.