2nd Marine Conservation and Blue Economy Symposium will be held on 2nd June 2016 in BRAC Center Inn, in Dhaka.
The deadline for abstract submission for presentation is 22nd April 2016.
Want to share your marine and coastal research, get recognition and build a network for research collaboration? MCBES provides the most important knowledge gathering and networking opportunities with national and global conservation professionals, communities, businesses, policy makers and students.
MCBES16 believes SDG 14, ‘conservation and sustainable use of the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development’, once taken into consideration in accordance with local needs, will be a standard of accountability for Bangladesh’s quest for marine conservation and blue economy.
Now, Bangladesh needs to scrutinize the SDG targets for local adaptation, evaluate and reshape current policies and practices, and fill the research and policy gaps for effective marine conservation. To this end, marine conservation science must make sense to communities, businesses, practitioners and policy makers. To support this, the symposium focusing on the theme ‘Bangladesh’s Ocean SDGs’ covers the following topics, other topics of related interest are also welcome.
- Conservation of Marine Megafauna
- Marine Pollution and Invasive Aquatic Species
- Maritime Economy
- Marine Renewable Energy
- Sustainable Marine Fisheries and Mariculture
- Marine Policy
- Protecting Coastal and Marine Ecosystems
- Restoration of Coastal and Marine Ecosystems
- Artisanal rights of access and control over coastal and marine natural resources
- Transboundary Cooperation for Marine Conservation and Blue Economy
If you are involved in marine and coastal conservation science and practices, we strongly suggest submitting abstract related to above-mentioned theme and topics. If your submission can help Bangladesh’s quest to achieve Ocean SDGs or overall Ocean SDG targets, the chance of getting accepted is much higher. But please not that, reviewers will review all abstracts related to marine conservation, whether related to this theme, topics or SDG targets.
If accepted, you’ll be invited for Oral Presentation (15 minutes) in the related technical session, or to deliver a Rapid Talk (5 minutes) in the plenary, or for Poster Presentation in the Exhibition based on the decision of the Editorial Board. Meeting proceedings will cover all the presentation, hopefully. Please carefully follow the instructions presented below before you proceed with the submission process.
Instruction on Abstract Submission
(The instruction below is subject to change. Check in again before you send your abstract)
Abstracts must be submitted electronically and emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org to the Editorial Board is the only way to submit.
1. Abstract title: Type your title in sentence case as it should appear in the program (limit to 150 characters including spaces).
2. Author details: Authors are required to write their first name, middle initial(s), followed by the surname, institutional affiliations to identify the authors. Indicate the presenting author with * after his/her name. If the authors come from more than one affiliation, superscript numbers should be used to indicate the respective affiliation. Each author should indicate designation, institute, city, country, and email address.
3. Abstract: Your abstract should not exceed 2000 characters including spaces. Begin with a clear statement of the topic or objectives and provide a brief description of methods and major results and end with a substantial conclusion. Do not use vague phrases such as ‘results will be discussed’. It is the responsibility of the author to verify the information submitted and to notify the Program Committee of any errors or omissions before the submission deadline. No changes to any abstract will be permitted after the submission deadline.
4. Related Theme/Topic/Ocean SDGs Targets: Write down which theme/topics/Ocean SDGs Targets relates to your submission.
5. Preferred Format of Presentation: Write down your preferred formats of presentation in order of your preference.
For a sample format of Abstract submission for MCBES16, please view this PDF file.
Reviews and Registration
All submissions will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of reviewers coordinated by the Editorial Board. Authors of selected submissions will be communicated by the symposium’s program committee for further cooperation regarding presentation and publication.
Early-bird registration deadline for attending MCBES16 is on 20th April. Acceptance of your abstract quite before this early registration deadline will help you to get discounted early registration rate to attend the meetings. So don’t wait for abstract submission deadline, submit it today!
Feel free to ask if you’ve any queries regarding #MCBES 2016 Call for Abstract. Email us.